Wednesday, November 18, 2009

33 years

I'm dedicating this post to my parents, because today is their 33rd wedding anniversary ....holy shit that's a long time. if you know my parents, dealing with them for even just a few hours is a huge accomplishment, they're both nuts! But dealing with each other for 33 years is amazing. They met while my mom was working at a local A&P as a cashier and in father approached my mother, noticing her name was Maria, and proceeded to speak to her in his Arabic accented Italian (Although my dad is from Egypt, he became fluent in Italian after living in Italy before coming to America.
My parents got married after about 8 months at the city hall in Jersey City, followed by a tiny "reception" (it was more like a little gathering) in the basement of my grandparent's house (which my family still resides in!).
I'm sure they will agree that it's had their ups and downs but in the end I bet they would agree it was worth it. I hope one day I'll be celebrating 33 years being married to my husband...
And now for the throwback...My father feeding my mother wedding cake (how cute!) 33 years ago to this day! Zi groom feedz zi bride! Check out my father's afro LMAO!

No comments: